Monday, August 19, 2013

INTRO

Disclaimer: Do not read this blog if a) you don't understand hiking, and b) you don't want to hate yourself for living in Illinois/any non-western state. 

Last week I stumbled upon the "AZ 20-20 Challenge," posted on a hiking website. The premise is simple: hike the 20 highest peaks and the 20 deepest canyons in Arizona. There's no time limit and you don't get a free t-shirt; it's just a personal challenge - and it sounds amazing. I looked at both lists and have only checked off 4 out of the total 40 hikes (and I'm not sure if I'm going to count Mt. Lemmon, since I've only hiked on it, not up from the very bottom). Since I'll be stuck in Tucson for at least the next 16 months, I figured this would be an awesome goal to get me through grad school. Instead of just randomly posting pictures on Facebook, I wanted a collection of all my hikes in one place: dates, descriptions, stories, pictures, etc. 

So here we go! I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy hiking :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment